Let the TBA help you spread the word through its email list serve to its 600+ members.
Below are the current career postings:
KANSAS JUDICIAL BRANCH
NOTICE OF EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Date: April 9, 2015
Location of Employment: Office of Judicial Administration
Kansas Judicial Center
301 W. 10th St.
Classification and Grade: Staff Attorney, Office of Judicial Administration
Grade 31, $57,531 starting annual salary
The Kansas Judicial Branch seeks a Kansas-licensed attorney with at least two years' experience who has excellent research, writing, and organizational skills, and is able to multitask and to collaborate with and take direction from others. Duties of this position include:
· providing legal advice and assistance to judicial branch officers and employees;
· drafting, editing, and reviewing contracts, letters, policies, rules, manuals and other documents;
· providing representation in administrative hearings and court proceedings;
· working on employment law issues and open records requests;
· assisting with training judges, court managers, and staff;
· helping facilitate public communication by e-mail, through the judicial branch websites, and through news media;
· overseeing and managing projects; and
· analyzing and applying laws and rules.
Experience or background in education and public communication would be advantageous.
· degree from accredited law school
· two years’ practice as an attorney
· Kansas law license
· experience working within and leading a team
Send resume, Judicial Branch application, and examples of writing you have done for legal and lay audiences to:
Deputy Judicial Administrator
Office of Judicial Administration
Kansas Judicial Center
301 W. 10th St., Room 337
Topeka, KS 66612-1507
Judicial Branch Application: http://www.kscourts.org/pdf/application.pdf
Application Deadline: May 7, 2015
The Americans with Disabilities Act ensures your right to reasonable accommodations during the employment process. A request for an accommodation will not affect your opportunities for employment with the Judicial Branch. It is your responsibility to make your needs known to the Judicial Branch. Please contact Patricia Henshall at (785) 296-2256 if you need an accommodation.
THE KANSAS JUDICIAL BRANCH IS AN EEO/AA EMPLOYER
Legal Administrative Assistant Position
UNITED STATES Bankruptcy Court
District of Kansas
Position: Temporary Law Clerk to Hon. Janice Miller Karlin (8-12 weeks)
Please click here for position description.